Thursday, March 13, 2008

The winners of the 2008 Bloggie awards have been announced!



Each year, the US-based Bloggies pay homage to popular blogs. Blogs are nominated by and voted for by the general public, although the various categories of the awards are pre-set by the awards' founder. The Bloggies aim to be international in scope, although English-language blogs tend to dominate the awards. This year's Blog of the Year award went to Dooce, a blog by Heather Armstrong (who also won a lifetime blogging achievement award this year, too). Her blog is about her everyday life:
This website chronicles my life from a time when I was single and making a lot of money as a web designer in Los Angeles, to when I was dating the man who would become my husband, to when I lost my job and lived life as an unemployed drunk, to when I married my husband and moved to Utah, to when I became pregnant, to when I threw up and became unbearably swollen during the pregnancy, to the birth, to the aftermath, to the postpartum depression that landed me in a mental hospital. I’m better now.
Her blog crackles with dry wit, acerbic insights into the human condition, and is always very, very funny.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?